Saturday, August 1, 2009

adrift...

and now, i am homeless and wandering. Achan has been kind enough to offer me her home when i need it, and it turns out that it was sooner than i anticipated.

when i had originally planned on leaving Japan the 16th of August, it was under the impression I would be in my home until the end of my contract, August 5th. But the new folks moved in a week earlier than that. While in most cases this would mean the board of education would put the new folks up in a hotel til their predecessor was prepared to leave, MY board of education basically said "well...good luck getting out!" and that was that. it does reconfirm for me that i really can't work with them any longer, nice as they are most of the time, because the level of cluelessness is just astounding.

anyway, what i had planned on having as a little over a week of wandering is now a little over two weeks. i have plans for some of those days, places to be and people to see for the last time...but others are just blanks in my daily planner. no clue where i'll be or where i will stay. i really feel like i can only rely on one person's hospitality for so long before i become a nuisance. thankfully, i'm not a penniless wanderer. should i need, i can get a hotel or catch a train someplace. but having spent more in 4 days than i normally do in a month when my friends were visiting makes me hesitate to spend more than i need.

really, this post is just me bitching. nobody really wants to hear that, i suppose. but i think i can sum up what i really want to say in a few words that everyone can agree upon.

being homeless sucks.

No comments: